We offer an unforgettable day with a mountain guide to discover mountaineering.
Walking on glacier with crampons, crossing rocky ridges using basic mountaineering techniques while enjoying a majestic scenery.
An idea for a program:
- Linking the Pointe Lachenal and the Arête à Laurence. A beautiful summit in the heart of the massif, dominating the Vallée Blanche and facing the superb Mont-Blanc du Tacul glacier and its impressive walls.
- Departure from the Aiguille du Midi, descent of the ridge with crampons, walk on the glacier to the foot of the Pointe Lachenal (about 1h).
- Ascent of the Pointe Lachenal (3 613m)
- Descent, traverse on the glacier (30 mn) to reach the start of the ridge at Laurence.
- Small ridge run in mixed terrain (snow, ice, rock) fun and varied, the ridge ends against the Cosmiques hut, which must then be crossed (gastronomic break recommended), to then return to the glacier and then climb the ridge of the Aiguille du Midi.
If you already have some experience or skills, you can do the Pointe Lachenal traverse, or the Arête des Cosmiques.
For the equipment to rent or to have : adapted mountain shoes, crampons, ice axes and helmet, backpack and personal stuff (to check with your guide).
PER HIGH MOUNTAIN GUIDE
No previous experience necessary. Average fitness level required.
From May to September according to conditions.
Maximum 2 people per guide.
Children from 16 years welcome.
Equipment and lift pass at additional charge.