AND OVERVIEW OF MONT-BLANC
Far from the hustle and bustle of the ski lifts, snowshoeing allows you to discover the magic of winter in a gentle way and a completely different approach to the mountains.
You will pass from the hushed atmosphere of the spruce forests to the mountain pastures offering the most sumptuous panoramas of the Mont-Blanc Massif.
A stay with snowshoe hikes on “off the beaten track” routes and its splendid panoramas of Mont Blanc, the Aravis and the Fiz chain.
Every morning we leave by car for a snowshoe hike. Depending on the snow and the weather, the program is not frozen and may change in one way or another.
The goal is to introduce you to some of the most beautiful snowshoeing spots in the Mont Blanc region, off the beaten track. Depending on the quality of the snow, we reserve you some nice off piste ...
D1: Departure from a village in Les Houches for a day "balcony on Mont Blanc"
D2 : Megève. After a superb crossing in the forest, we will discover a magnificent panorama on the Mont Blanc chain
D3 : The village of Contamines is renowned for its beautiful snow cover. We will explore alpine villages in winter.
D4 : Megève or Praz sur Arly. We are going to discover an immense and preserved pasture.
D5 : Cordon A long and splendid day awaits us. We start the day with a climb in the forest to arrive on the Bénés plateau. We then discover a sumptuous panorama of the Mont Blanc massif and the Aravis.
D6 : Servoz. We leave the village towards the chalets of Ayère. We are on a sunny slope facing Mont Blanc; usually with heavy snow.
Up to 8 persons
On request, possibility to organise :
- Lunch (a picnic with cold meats, salad and cheese prepared by your guide)
- Transport to the departure sites in the morning and return to your accommodation at the end of the day.
Notify your companion of your state of health, even in the event of mild disorders. Also, openly tell them about the medications you are likely to take on a daily basis, to avoid any possible concerns. Your guide will also have a group first aid kit.
- A 30-40l backpack is necessary in order to carry your personal belongings for the day as well as your midday snack.
- breathable (quick-drying) and warm underwear
- a small softshell jacket (insulating, windproof and water-repellent)
- a waterproof and breathable Goretex type jacket
- breathable trekking pants.
- index 3 sunglasses
- a hat + warm gloves
- a 1.5 L-2L water bottle (or water bag)
- a pair of waterproof hiking shoes, with an uppers. It is ESSENTIAL that you have already used them regularly.
- a headlamp
- walking sticks (on request, at your disposal at the AAV Office)
Please, take your personal pharmacy.